I absolutely love these Christmas books and so do my grand children aged 21 months and 3 and a half.
The Night Before Christmas
with beautiful watercolour illustrations, by Holly Hobbie, to this timeless classic.
The Christmas Wish
by Lori Evert
Home for Christmas
by Jan Brett. A journey through the Arctic North of Sweden with Rollo, the troll, as he meets animals, and comes to realize that he wants to be home with his family for Christmas.
Little Tree by E.E. Cummings.
The wonder and excitement of a young brother and sister who find a little tree on a city sidewalk and carry it home, where they adorn it with Christmas finery.
By clicking on the blue links you are taken to Amazon where you can find out more about each book and purchase them if you like. These go to my affiliate link.
I would appreciate the small percentage of the sale, that goes to me, if you are considering buying it. There is no extra cost to you. Thanks.
Are you looking for new ideas to get the family busy outside, no matter what the weather? Here you will find so many wonderful ideas from parents and teachers who have tried and tested them with preschool children.
What's a blog hop? A place to hop around and visit lots of blogs with like minded ideas: just click on the pictures below.
If you have a great idea to share from your own blog just click at the bottom of this post where it says "You are next... "
Thanks for joining in our outdoor play extravaganza:
Right here you can get so many play ideas for young children from so many great Aussie bloggers. On their sites you will find a multitude of play ideas.
Just click on the links below to get you started:
- Australian Animal crafts
- Baby water tray
- Baking a cake
- Bath Play
- Bush walk with the family
- Butterfly painting
- Collage: easter egg shapes
- Dinosaurs - 10 activities
- Excursion planning
- Finger plays
- Garden Journal
- Labrynth Maths
- Matching game with aboriginal theme
- Memory games
- Mud pies
- Musical Instrument Making
- Music outside
- Nature play - 18 ideas
- outdoor play
- Papier Mache
- Parachute Games
- Peg doll craft
- Playing Libraries
- Play with conkers
- Pretend Play
- Snap painting
All of these wonderful blogs are on EARLY PLAY AUSTRALIA on facebook
Here are some reliable and recommended links about developing literacy in early childhood:
- Articles about early literacy at Early Childhood Australia
- Raising Children Network - funded by the Australian Government - information for parents about developing literacy
- [PDF] Early literacy and numeracy: Annotated resource list from Queensland kindergarten learning guideline - Professional development
- Early Words Early Literacy Resources for the First 5 Years is a Children First program, funded by Families NSW
- Early words Toolkit has 6 modules ffor babies to 5 year olds
- Let’s Read - aimed at preschool children aged 0 to 5 years of age - an initiative of the Centre for Community Child Health in partnership with the Smith Family includes Let’s Read reading tips and tools with practical information to support families to read to children (in 9 languages)
- Literacy and Numeracy support materials and courses for teachers in ACT schools
- Better Beginnings brings together babies and books, and families and libraries in Western Australia
- Moreland BookStart Kit program in Victoria
- My Little Bookcase encouraging a love of reading